- Make entire list of the chemicals in your workplace.
- Know chemical storage location & manage right level of inventory.
- Know about the risks they pose.
- Make preventive action plans & identify corrective actions to be taken where controls are lacking.
- There are rules & instructions for employers and employees to perform under the relevant health and safety law.
Employers are required to:
- Determine which hazardous substances are present in the workplace.
- Assess the risks to employees and others from the presence of these hazardous substances.
- Preventing exposure to the hazardous substances to as low a level as is easily practicable. Have arrangements in place to deal with accidents, incidents and emergencies.
- Provide information, training and consultation to employees.
- Make available health surveillance to employees.
Employees also have duties.
- They must: Co-operate with their employer e.g. follow procedures.
- Make optimum & appropriate use of control measures e.g. using extract ventilation where provided, and report any defects.
- Report any defects in plant/ equipment immediately to the employer as appropriate.
- Report any accident or incident which may have resulted in the release of a dangerous chemical/substance into the workplace.
We can help you with Chemical Safety posters &chemical safety signs to create awareness among your worker & develop a safe & progressive workplace.